The Foundation's Trustees are primarily interested
in promising or established programs, operated by well-managed organizations.
Benchmarks that will be applied to projects and organizations in
all five interest areas are the following:
- Strength of proposal - Foundation guidelines match
- Quality and creativity in project design, implementation
- Quality of the applicant nonprofit’s leadership
and organizational capacity
- Potential to stretch or leverage McBeath funds
- Specific interests of Trustees and/or staff
In addition to the above benchmarks, the Foundation may request that those organizations submitting full proposals for established projects include a two-year outline covering potential enhancement and sustainability as part of the application. Staff will provide guidance for such outlines.